Monday, April 1, 2013

pooping on the potty is not a prank.

Despite the fact that it's April Fool's Day, my heart jumped a little (or a lot) when my phone rang around lunchtime and I saw that it was the babysitter calling.  We communicate via text more than 99% of the time during the day.

Theo was on the other end of the phone and said those 5 magical words I've been dreaming of for almost a year.

"I pooped on the potty!!"

The next line of business was to find out if we were going to follow through with our promise that we made about getting ice cream the first time he did it.  I promised we would and then the babysitter explained that she was busy helping another child when Theo announced that he needed a diaper because he had to poop real bad.

I'll skip the gory details but he pooped in the potty and we did go out for ice cream frozen yogurt. He was excited to make several phone calls to tell everyone about his big achievement.


His choice:  White Chocolate Strawberry yogurt with cherries, gummy bears, and sprinkles.

Dexter enjoyed sharing with mommy & daddy, and doing a few handyman projects of course.

My choice:  Chocolate Peanut Butter frozen yogurt with a few Reese's cups and hot fudge.

My boy is getting so big.

Maybe the joke's on us - maybe it was a fluke.  Maybe he'll never poop in the potty again until he's in college (that's how it has felt for a few months now).  All I know right now is that he pooped in the potty. Today.



Today was a great day!

xo,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment