Thursday, March 1, 2012

proud mother of an oompa loompa.

I noticed it in pictures starting a month or so ago.  It varies in severity from day to day.

my nose matches my fire chief hat.

There have been times I have tried to wipe it off after we finish eating.

my nose is even orange when i push my train.

A friend told me that the same thing happened to her nephew because he ate a lot of carrots.

my nose is orange morning, noon, and night.

Huh?  I finally googled it.  It's a real thing.  Foods rich in beta-Carotene include sweet potatoes, carrots, mangoes, canteloupes, and carrots.  Notice a theme? 


I looked at the variety of baby food meals (meat and veggie combos) that we have for Dexter and noticed that they are pretty much all some hue of orange.  I looked on a few mommy forums and saw that tons of moms with 8-10 month old babies were experiencing the same thing.  Some were worried - some stopped feeding their kid orange foods altogether.  What the what!? 

mom, why are you turning me into an oompa loompa?

Am I turning my baby into a oompa loompa?  Maybe.


Do I care?  Not really. He's the best little blonde-haired, blue-eyed, orange-nosed oompa loompa I've ever loved.


Have you heard of this orange-nosed baby phenomenon? 
xo,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment