Thursday, March 17, 2011

sleep

I can honestly say that I think I have been more tired this week than at any other time in my life.  Pretty soon I'll have reminders of just how tired I was back when Theo was a newborn, and I'm sure this week won't seem so bad.  But for right now, I'm saying that this week takes the cake for all-time worst sleep.  Every day I have woken up hours before the alarm went off and was not able to go back to sleep.  I have barely been able to keep my eyes open at work and since I can't really spend a lot of time away from my desk, there's little I can do to combat the sleepiness.  Being this tired is miserable.  Seemed like it was better when I at least had a cute, tiny baby to reference as the reason for the deprivation.

It is so bad that I had to tell the babysitter that I'd bring Theo today because I knew I'd be in no position to be able to watch him on so little rest.  I'm exhausted.  It's so frustrating because I go home and I am dead tired and I lay down and my mind is spinning a million miles a minute.  It takes me 30 or 45 minutes to fall asleep and then a few short hours later, I'm wide awake.  I don't know if it's the pregnancy, or if it has something to do with the diabetes, but man.  I hope next week is better.  The reason I said it might have something to do with the diabetes is because I have to eat so often that I'm pretty much always drinking something.  Normally I try to stop drinking anything a few hours before I got to bed so that I won't wake up fifty times to pee.  Not anymore.  I've always got a drink nearby.  So I've been waking up to pee and then I'm not able to go back to sleep.  Fine, if that happens 6 hours into my sleep.  Not fine when it happens 3-4 hours into my sleep four days in a row. 

Oh sweet sleep, I miss you.

~C~

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm super sorry you aren't sleeping well, or at all, it sounds like. But here's a little trick that I read on a pregnancy forum and every time I did it after tossing and turning for quite some time I'd wake up the next day and that was the last thing I remembered. Sing your ABC's! Sounds stupid and of course just to yourself, :) but it works. I always skipped the whole ending and went right back into the letters and it probably will take more than once, but I'm telling you, give it a whirl!! I hope it helps!! Really!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried it, Suzi. It didn't work!

    ReplyDelete