Thursday, June 19, 2014

catch the moment 365: week twenty-four

I'm sharing yet another week of photos and linking up with Mindi from Simply Stavish, Stephanie from Behind the Camera and Dreaming, and Sarah from Nurse Loves Farmer for Catch the Moment 365.  I feel like a broken record saying "I can't believe we are {insert any number between 3 and 24} weeks into the project" and / or "we had such a great week." And while life ISN'T all roses all the time, this project is great for making me realize how good I've got it. Whether it's the big things or the little things, every day we're making memories and enjoying the ride down this crazy road we're on.

Speaking of moving on...

162/365: June 11th. We traded babysitting nights with friends in order to squeeze in a much-needed, mid-week speed date. We were able to grab a quick dinner at a Mexican restaurant near the movie theater.  We'd been dying to see Maleficent for almost two weeks. Spoiler alert: It was so good! (So was that salsa and queso).

163/365: June 12th. A little water play between dinner and bedtime, which for Dexter equates to taking a bath. Soaked from shoulders to knees!

164/365: June 13th. I had to document a rare occurrence... I painted my nails. It lasted less than 24 hours, but it was fun anyway.

165/365: June 14th. I blogged all about our refreshing weekend visiting friends a couple hours away HERE.

166/365: June 15th. Father's Day. I typed out the interviews I did with the boys about their daddy HERE.

167/365: June 16th. Sun shining through the clouds over a cornfield on my way to work. 

168/365: June 17th. Not the best day ever but we managed to enjoy parts of it.  I had my car scheduled for a 45 minute service that ended up taking 2 hours and 10 minutes. Which overlapped with the boys' soccer clinic. Which was a nightmare because neither of them *really* wanted to play. Meaning Theo was lying on the ground refusing to participate. And while Dexter gave it a decent effort, he saw how Theo was acting and wanted to quit too. I was able to keep him somewhat engaged but Theo was a lost cause.  After we got home, ate dinner, and gave them a shower...THEN we had some nice, not-so-stressful moments picking stickers out of Dexter's Batman Lego sticker book. Then bedtime was kind of a disaster. But that's enough about that. 

Which is your favorite picture this week? Mine is that Father's Day (day 166) picture of Theo hugging Ryan with the "love" art piece in the background. Love, indeed. Followed closely by day 165 - our day at the lake. 

xo,
~C~

11 comments:

  1. Fathers day for sure! :o)
    We were looking at movies to see and that's on my list. Maybe we can see it....Erin's pushing for x-men....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I don't think you'll be disappointed. Ryan loved it and I think him and Erin SEEM a lot alike. We might (?) be bigger Disney nerds though. Just tell him that the visual effects are stunning and he'll be all about it! (And it's true!).

      Delete
  2. Days 165 and 167 - AMAZING! Love the water shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea for a fathers day gift :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to say it was one of my better ones. :) And born out of urgency since I didn't realize Father's Day was coming until 5 days earlier.

      Delete
  4. I hear you about the nails, I don't have the patience....because it lasts a day, if that, especially with all the outdoor work I do in the summer. Glad you enjoyed the movie, I want to see it so bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can go see it - we just loved it. And mine were okay until I went swimming in a lake...I don't know if it was the chemicals they used to treat the lake or what but my nails got sticky and gross! YUCK

      Delete
  5. I love 167! And we are fans of mexican food for dates too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks -- i could find something take a picture of EVERY day on my way to work (maybe).

      Delete