Thursday, December 1, 2011

thanksgiving wrap-up: a photoblog

Hey there.

My little boys on Thanksgiving Day.  Just looking at their sweet, innocent faces fills my heart with pride and love.  Two years ago, on Thanksgiving, I never would have guessed we'd be where we are now.  But I sure as heck wouldn't have it any other way. 
We spent the weekend at Nana and Pop Pop's house and were joined by Aunt M, Uncle B, and Cousin Spence, or as Theo says, "Pence!"  I think Pence is pretty excited that Theo can finally play trains with him.  


 

Dexter managed to find a way to play trains too.  Friday night our city had their annual celebration that goes along with lighting the "tree" (a.k.a. monument).  Since I've lived here for 8 years and had never seen it, I figured I should mark it off my to-do list.  The city, it was beautiful.  We had mild weather and the crowd was energizing.  The lighting of the "tree," eh.  It was kind of like, well, turning on a light.  You know?  But my boo recently started a new job, right in front of this "tree" and his company opened their doors to employees and their families for the event.  So, I got to see the new digs.  It was a 2-for-1 kinda deal. 


 The most fun for Pence and Theo was not only the cookie and drink buffet inside boo's work, but the wide open space to run and play.  Tell me these are two little boys who aren't having fun.  I dare ya.




Well...we had fun trying to get some decent pictures.  Finally, the "tree" was lit and we were able to get to the parking garage so that we could sit.  And sit.  And sit.  For an hour.  That was the least fun part of the night, but we should have parked further away from the center of activity instead of using R's parking pass.  Lesson learned.  I don't know that I have to go do it again, but it was a fun night.  Something different to do on Black Friday, anyway!  I wouldn't leave you wondering what that magical "tree" looks like, all lit up. 

yep, that's it.

The rest of the weekend was filled with a reindeer, giggles with Pop Pop, stories with Nana, rolling and trying to crawl all over the place, and attempts at a decent Christmas card photo. 




Well.  You can see how successful that endeavor was.

All in all...best Thanksgiving ever.  Sure do have a lot to be thankful for this year.

thanks for reading,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment