Wednesday, August 22, 2012

back to the real world!

I had a little over two weeks off between jobs but this past Monday, it was back to work.  Truthfully, I didn't mind.  I was kinda tired of wearing the same three pairs of gym shorts and tank tops, spending my days painting and picking out ceiling fans.  It was a nice change to blow dry my hair, put on make-up, and wear real people clothes when Monday rolled around.

So far?  I LOVE this new place.  Granted, I haven't even remotely started doing my actual job yet. There will be lots of training and learning before I will feel just a little bit comfortable holding the reins.  But this is a great company, with great benefits. The people are friendly and welcoming and I already feel right at home.  I can't tell you what a relief all of this is during such a crazy time in my life.  I've met some new faces and had the pleasure of seeing some familiar ones from previous work with the agency.  I can't tell you how happy I am.

It's weird - when I was working third shift, people were always telling me "I don't know how you do it."  I thought, do what? I have to work for a living, this (my former) job allows me to be home with my kids on Fridays and not have to send them to the babysitter five days a week.  Sure, that saved us a little money.  But I didn't get to see my kids in the morning.  Ryan was getting them ready all by himself.  I wasn't there at night when they were sick, which made my stomach hurt and my heart ache.  Now, even though they are going to our sitter five days a week, I feel like I see them more, not less.  I definitely get to see Ryan more because I don't have to leave as soon as the kids go to bed.

I don't know how I did it either.  I don't know how my husband did it.  He was home alone with two babies through their first year (and beyond) of not-so-wonderful sleep habits.  You guys? I got a keeper.  We still have a long way to go on the house and some big decisions to make, but things are only gonna get better.

Good stuff.

xo,
~C~

1 comment:

  1. Yay on a great new job!! And seeing your family more. My hubs is second/third shift now and working on moving to first. I swear he'd see Mackenzie more if he was on days.
    You do have a keeper!! I'm home all day and I tell my hubs it would be harder if I worked an he had these hours. We'd never see him.

    ReplyDelete