Friday, June 1, 2012

the last night at home.

May 24, 2012.

That's the last night our boys slept at their beds in their first home.

Coincidentally, I had scheduled our family pictures for the same night long before I knew it would be our last night there as a family of four.  It was serendipitous timing for the photo shoot.  I have bragged on our photographer before, but she never ceases to amaze me.  Every time she leaves, I'm thinking she didn't get anything good, but somehow, she always does.  We wanted to make sure some of the pictures had our house in the background.


The main reason for the photo shoot was to capture my baby boys, ages 1 and 2.


Photos courtesy of Simply Angie Photography

I can't help it, I just think these two are the cutest peanuts in the pack. After Angie left, we decided to take one last walk to the Dairy Queen down the road.  We can get to it from behind without ever leaving our neighborhood.  We took in all of the sights and sounds and smells.  Fresh cut grass.  Kids laughing and playing.  Cars driving by and people waving.  Neighbors saying hello and nodding at one another as they pass on the street.  It really is a wonderful neighborhood. 

In an unexpected twist, Theo chose the stroller over the wagon for our last family walk.

Ordering our treats.

The air conditioned store was a nice break.

This is what we get now when we tell him to smile for the camera. 

I WANT ICE CREAM.

Monumental day, monumental first:  His very own ice cream cone.

And boy did he make that thing disappear, down to the last bite of cone.


Now that's a good big brother!


Theo decided he wanted to walk/run home - the whole .8 mi home!

He knows the way.

It was getting dark so we went inside and turned on a little Lightning McQueen to end our day with some normalcy.  We tried explaining what is happening to Theo but I don't know how much he understands.  He just keeps saying "I wanna go to mommy's house."  When we tell him we can't, he says "my stuff's all gone!" We took him there after we had moved everything out.  He thought it was fun hearing his own echo and driving his Little Tikes car as fast as he could through the empty rooms.  

xo,
~C~




No comments:

Post a Comment