Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter




These three are some of my favorite pictures from Easter and some of my favorite pictures of Dexter, ever.  He's just growing up and changing so much lately.  Lots of people have mentioned how he's grown recently. I ordered his birthday party invitations over the weekend and I wish I had waited to include these pictures from Sunday.  Speaking of his birthday invitations...I can't believe I just ordered them.  How is my teensy weensy almost ONE already?  He's not walking.  Yet.  But it feels like he's getting close. 



Then there's my little Justin Bieber, oh I mean THEO.  The boy has some crazy hair, but we like it long and think it looks cute.  R's hair was just like that when he was little.  The stuff is water repellent.  In the bathtub, we pour a bucket of water on his head and it just rolls off like he's got Rain-X in his hair.  Nuts. 

Theo was the perfect age for hunting eggs in our backyard.  You know, hunting eggs that were left in plain sight.  Next year, when Dex can really participate, it will be even more fun.  But the little guy knew just what to do and his face lit up and his feet moved faster every time he spotted a plastic egg.  Too cute for words. 







As soon as we told him he had found them all, he quickly dumped his basket out and began opening the eggs to see what treasures were waiting inside.  A few pieces of candy, dimes, and some band-aids (hey, we all like different things) made him one happy boy. 


There may have been some Easter bunnies hiding in the trees.




We were supposed to travel south to visit my family for Easter but we had too much left to do before we get our house on the market so we regretfully made a last minute change in plans.  As disappointing as it was, our quiet, easy holiday weekend turned out pretty nice.  It's not very often that we celebrate a holiday, just the 4 of us.  It was fun.  




Hope you had an easy, simple, wonderful Easter too. 

xo, 
~C~

















No comments:

Post a Comment