Monday, May 2, 2011

falling behind

Seems like I am falling behind on everything these days, and why should the blog be any exception?  I have some pictures on my camera that I have been wanting to edit and upload - others that I just want to put on cds for friends - and I can't seem to make time for any of it.  That makes me sad.  I got a super awesome camera for Christmas and I haven't even been able to make time to read the instruction guide so that I can start taking better pictures with it.  Part of the problem is our computer - it's 6 years old and a piece of junk.  The battery does not work at all, so it has to be plugged into the wall.  You have to wiggle the cord and get it just right and then hold it...so you've basically got one hand to work with while hoping for all hope that the thing doesn't just zap out and shut off on you while you're in mid-transfer or mid-edit or mid-whatever. 

My cell phone is about to give me an anxiety attack.  I got it on New Year's Eve...you know, the one 4 months ago, and we have gotten 3 (refurbished) replacements and replaced the battery twice.  Still, half the time when the battery gets low, it absolutely will not charge and then it's dead, and then I'm in a panic because (like most of the people we know) we don't have a home phone.  The babysitter can't get in touch with me.  I can't get in touch with my husband.  The only way I can reach my husband is to get on the computer (you understand how trying that can be) and instant message him (if he is at his desk at work).  Troublesome.  We are not getting the solutions we deserve (and are paying for) from Verizon, but that's a story for another day.

We are having a baby in 10 days (eeeeeeeee!) and our camcorder is on the fritz.  Unacceptable.

I miss the way it used to be.  I know everything is so much better now, but the more I rely on technology, the more helpless I feel.  I want a new breast pump ($300).  I want/need a double stroller ($300).  Now does not seem like the time to buy a new computer or video camera or this or that. 

Everything costs money and nothing is reliable.  It's so frustrating.  On top of having issues with everything, there's never any time to deal with any of it to make it right.  My husband would add to the list that the television of his dreams that is less than 2 years old now has random vertical blue lines that come and go from time to time.  Does everyone have these problems or are we really just that lucky? 

At least I have a nice camera - no complaints about that (yet).  I'm excited to take pictures of my new (calm, still, sleeping) baby.  Theo is harder to capture.  Hopefully I'll get some time to upload some pictures from Easter and a few of the one year pics I took of him myself (don't laugh...I said I haven't had time to study and hone my skills). 

spinning,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment