Friday, April 8, 2011

33 week check-up check-in (aka most boring update ever)

I was supposed to go to the doctor Wednesday but as I was pulling out of the driveway, I got a call saying there was an emergency and they needed to reschedule me. I could see my doctor on Friday or the NP on Thursday. Since I wouldn't have a babysitter Friday and da da wouldn't be able to go either way, I opted for the Thursday appointment.
Worthless.
I told the nurse that I've had a cold for 4 weeks. The NP came in, looked at my sugars (they're still good), measured my abdomen (she said I was measuring around 32 wks), and listened to the heartbeat (133).  My weight gain remained the same (20 lbs so far) and my blood pressure was good (100/72). Then she bolted. No "do you have any questions?" No "how 'bout that month old cold?" Nothin.
Whatever, I'm glad it was uneventful...that's how most pregnancy check-ups should be. What really irritated me happened when I went to schedule my 35 wk appointment.
She said "you can come Monday at 210 or Wednesday at 245." 
Me:  "that's it?  Those are my only two options for the entire week?"
Her: "Yep."
Me: "well that doesn't really work for me. I work third shift and I need early or late appointments."
Her: "that's what's available. Which one would you prefer?"
Me: "neither, they're both horrible, so I guess it doesn't matter."
Her: "great, I'll put you down for Monday the 18th at 210."
Me: "no.  I'll take the 245." (I know, smarmy, but it's 30 more minutes of precious sleep).
Her: "okaaaay."
So I'm annoyed. And I plan on calling that week and saying I can't make it to see when they'll offer to reschedule me.  It's just irritating to me that I pay them bazillions of dollars for service and they never try to accommodate me, yet I always have to bend over backwards for them.  Don't get me wrong, I love my OB but I think customer service in the health field, generally speaking, SUCKS.
Just sayin,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment