Monday, April 11, 2011

20 things about us

I snagged the idea for this blog post from Babbling Abby

20 Things About Us

1.  We are hopelessly sentimental about Disney World.  Can you blame us?  Don't you know how we met?  We fantasize about going back and are completely engulfed in the "magic" and nostalgia while we're there. 

2.  The more time we spend together, the better we are.  The more in love we are.  Time apart is the enemy in our relationship. 

3.  Case in point:  We fought 10x more in the 4 years we were in a long distance relationship than we have in the nearly 8 years we've been married.  (Did you know we were long distance for almost four years?  Or that we've already been married for almost EIGHT!?  how did that happen...)

4.  We both have the same vision of what we want for ourselves, our kids, our future.  Does that happen very often?  Because I feel pretty lucky.

5.  He always thanks me for making dinner.  I try to always thank him for cutting the grass or taking out the trash - he's better at it than I am.  It's so nice to feel appreciated.

6.  We rarely fight.  But when we fight, we fight (yelling, people...just verbal stuff, mmkay?).  It's usually my fault because I'm overreacting about something or because I'm hormonal (that's happened a lot more over the last couple of years.  I look forward to returning to normal, if she's still in here somewhere).  Sometimes it's his fault because he's stressed and stress makes him grumpy and jumpy.

7.  I'm not afraid to put him in his place and he's not afraid to put me in mine.  I really think that we share the "pants" in the family and I like it that way.

8.  It's way too easy for one of us to talk the other one into going out to eat.

9.  He pretty much gave up beef several years ago when I did and never complained.  He gets it from time to time at restaurants but we never have it at home.  Seems like that would be a bigger deal to most dudes.

10.  I still look forward to seeing him at the end of the day as much as I ever did.

11.  I think he's the only person I would never get tired of being around.

12.  He gives the best hugs.  He always, always, always hugs me before I leave for work.  And tells me to be careful.  I think that's sweet.

13.  We do not have the same taste in music.  Not. At. All.

14.  He likes my movies but I don't like his.  Hardly ever.

15.  He thinks I'm a good singer and a wonderful cook.  I think he's the smartest computer guy and an all-around genius.

16.  I wish he was more patient and he wishes I was less anxious.

17.  We want to go to Hawaii for our 10th anniversary but we need to start saving, like tuh-day, and that's probably not going to happen.  Maybe for our 20th.  Or 50th.

18.  He is 1 year, 9 months, and 17 days older than me.  When we met, I was 19 and he was 21.  Mere babies.

19.  We share a love of amusement parks and roller coasters and vacations and lazy days and new experiences.  And Theo.  We collectively could not love that little boy any more.

20.  My favorite thing is how we're always a team.  Good or bad...as parents, as individuals, and as a couple - we are a team.  We do things together and for each other.  On the average day, there aren't a lot of grand romantic gestures, but there are always little moments that make life more special.


What's are the things you like best about you and your love??
~C~

2 comments:

  1. Awww. Nice post today Boo. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It's refreshing to see someone gushing about their SO rather than bashing or complaining. It's so easy to focus on the negative things that annoy us.

    What you said about time apart being a stress inducer.. Nail on the head. My husband took a job w/ 12 hour shifts literally 2 weeks before Nellie was born and when he started, we started having small issues. We had never been apart like that before; we were always together at the end of the work day, saw each other a ton, etc and it put a LOT of stress on us.

    What I love most about my husband is that he makes me laugh, he is considerate and loving to me, and he gets me. I'm a weird person and don't always fit in, but I do with him. With him, I make sense.

    ReplyDelete