Sunday, April 27, 2014

spring break catch up

I went through a month-long blog drought during which I only posted my weekly Catch the Moment posts. Part of me feels like Catch the Moment is to blame because I'm posting one photo from every day of my life so it seems that there's not much to talk about that wouldn't be redundant. On the other hand, maybe I wouldn't have blogged anything at all for over a month if it hadn't been for the project. We all get in funks sometimes.  Sometimes I just don't have much to say. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood or get busy with other things.

Theo's school was closed for two weeks for Spring Break and the babysitter was closed for 7 of those 10 days so we had to make some alternate arrangements. Ryan and I took off work the last two days of the first week and surprised the boys with a trip to Big Splash Adventure Indoor Waterpark and Resort.

We went 2 years ago and had a blast. I just remembered leaving that place feeling euphoric, thinking we would go back every few months. Well. Time flies.  We never made it back until this spring and turns out, we were okay with that. I ended up writing a fairly negative review on TripAdvisor. Despite the negatives that were hard to ignore, overall we had fun because the boys loved it.








They were both such big boys going down the slides. Theo was mad that he wasn't tall enough to ride the REALLY big slides.  We were surprised how much they loved the lazy river and how much time they wanted to spend in it. It will be fun to take them to an outdoor waterpark sometime soon.

Scenery on the way home.

Friday night bedtime stories with my boys. 

Saturday we lounged at home and Sunday we went to the Lego store (about 30 minutes away) to let them pick out some new toys with money Grammy had sent early for Easter.



They always cooperate for posed pictures. ALWAYS never.

Monday and Tuesday the boys went to our former babysitter. She was gracious enough to watch them for us and they had a blast. I was worried that it would confuse them and they'd be asking every day why they can't just go back there, but they seem to understand.  

Dexter Jay couldn't even stay awake for the 10 minute drive home on Monday. 

Tuesday we stayed for dinner and the boys had fun continuing their extended play day.


Wednesday morning the boys went to Ryan's parents to spend the rest of the week with Nana, Pop Pop, and cousin Spencer.  I picked up all three boys on Friday afternoon. 

Stopped for pizza on the way home.

Fun driveway play on Saturday.


D tripped over a ball and landed on his nose.  :( 





Sunday was a fun day to go to Monkey Joe's for some bouncing before Spencer headed back home. 

And the next day it was back to the ol' grind. I think the boys had a pretty great Spring Break!  
xo,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment