Friday, July 26, 2013

weigh to stay: 6 months in

I'm behind on my monthly weight loss update, I guess because there's not much to say.  Not a whole lot has changed, and that's a good thing.

I started out in January with a goal of losing 20-24 pounds.  As of today, I've lost 27.  I'm very happy where I'm at as far as weight is concerned.  I'm staying in a 24-27 pound weight loss range.  What I'm not as happy about is that lately I've gotten lazy, so I know I will not be able to maintain my success if I don't start doing something differently.

I'm still logging EVERY THING I eat in  My Fitness Pal, and that's probably kept me on the wagon for the most part.  The problem is excuses. Lots of excuses.  It's been unbelievably hot and muggy.  I'm addicted to watching an episode of Dexter every night after the boys go to bed. Work is crazy right now so I've been working from home at night.  I like ice cream in the summertime. Truth is, I was busy before and found, no MADE, time to exercise.  I'm still doing some, but nothing like before.

I did purchase Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.  I think I've done it four times in a month...not exactly gonna get shredded like that.  It was hard as hell and I could see why it works and gets such great reviews (from people that actually do it).  The last two times I ran, I was not able to run as long as I had planned, so that was disappointing.  Use it or lose it, I suppose.

So, I'm happy to be staying within my weight goal by managing my calorie intake appropriately, but it's not really what I pictured starting out. I've not given up, it's not over. I still have the desire and drive to keep going. I just need to get past this slump.  I still have our vacation in sight and am looking forward to wearing shorts and feeling good about it.  I look forward to not feeling fatigued from long days of walking.

I'm very much looking forward to continuing towards my goal.

I haven't taken any progress photos and LORD KNOWS no one (ahem, husband) ever stops to take a photo of me, so here's a recent pic of Ryan and I on our way to the Luke Bryan concert with some friends last Sunday night!  (P.S. SO FUN!)



xo,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment