Monday, May 6, 2013

one week from today.

In one week, we will celebrate Dexter Jay's 2nd birthday.  Hard to believe that two years ago I was just a week away from welcoming our second baby. Our second son.  And that we didn't know if he would be a boy or a girl.  The last two years have been jam-packed with all things BOY, for sure.  It's been a fun and interesting two years with lots of changes.  I can't believe it's already been a year since Dexter's big 1st birthday party. It's amazing how much faster time seems to pass once you have kids.  It's easy to see how much can really change and how much a person can grow and develop and learn in a month or a year.  Dexter is an amazing, lively, energetic, happy little boy and I wouldn't change one thing about him. 


That's a lie. I'd make him sleep in a little later instead of always waking up between 5:30 and 6:30am every day.  But even with that being said, he's healthy. He's unique. He's his own little person and such a huge part of our family.  So how could I even dream about changing that?  2 years already! Ryan has been saying he's 2 for a couple of months now and I yell at him every time.  Let my baby be a baby.  I can still say he's 1...and that sounds like a baby, even if I know he's not. Something tells me when these kids are 10 & 11, we'll think they were still babies at 2 & 3. 

xo,
~C~

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie is two in just over a month and I'm doing my best not to think about it! Although I should if we are going to have a birthday party......
    But she will always be my baby and I'll always call her 'baby' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he will be two either. Our boys are growing much too quickly. Love watching him grow through pictures and your posts. Enjoy these last few days of having a 1 year old! I'm sure he will have a fantastic birthday. Oh and I had no idea you didn't find out the gender! :)

    ReplyDelete