Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Dexter's circus-themed birthday party, Part 2

Food!

I didn't want to deal with watching a punch bowl so I kept it simple on the drinks by offering just water, orange Hawaiian punch, lemonade, and sweet tea.  Yep, all store bought.  One of my favorite things about this drink station?  Did you know Solo makes smaller solo cups with lids and straws?  Perfect for smaller hands and so cute.  They come 15 in a pack.  I was just disappointed that we didn't have any left over!

You can see the crock pot there, next to the tea.  That's as close as I came to getting a picture of the meatballs.  These balls are unbelievably easy, always delicious, and predictably crowd-pleasing!


Another simple crowd-pleaser, the traditional veggie tray with ranch/sour cream dip.  I washed and cut the vegetables myself (besides the carrots) to save money.  Well worth it. 


Mini PB&Js on rye for little mouths and hands.(Pardon the spoons). 


To tie into the circus/carnival theme, we had (store-bought, frozen) corn dogs.  I thought the kids would like these. Uh? They were the first things to go.  We had 80.  Should have bought 120!  Served with ketchup and mustard.

These are my favorite appetizers to make for a party of any kind!  They are so good, so simple, and people love them.  They're called Tortilla Pinwheels.  Served with mild salsa.  



















Ryan's mom is super sweet and she's great at making sweet treats.  She agreed to make the cupcakes and smash cake for Dexter's party. I gave her free reign and these are the adorable (and delicious) cakes she came up with.  



Seemed like all of the food was a hit.  Interested in seeing what Dexter did with that cute orange cake?  

Part three coming up - the FUN!

xo-
the mommy of a 1 year old and a 2 year old 

No comments:

Post a Comment