Tuesday, November 22, 2011

what mommy in the midwest is thankful for

Today's Toddle Along Tuesday topic:  What are you thankful for? 

That sounds easy enough, sure.  But when I think about how lucky I am and how the story of my life is unfolding before me, what am I not thankful for? 

First things first, I'm thankful for my little family.  My husband and our two perfect babies.  It isn't always easy, but no one ever said it would be.  I wouldn't change a thing.  I love those three dudes more than I could ever express in words. 

I'm thankful for our families.  Without my mother, sister, and late father...without my in-laws, we would not be who we are and would not have had the chance to create this little life of our own.  My mom and sister have been my role models for motherhood.  I'm thankful for their love and support.  That sounds like a cliche, love and support, but what else can you call it?  I don't know what I would do without my in-laws.  They have helped us out in a pinch more times than I can count. 

I'm super thankful for my health, and that of my family and friends.  Again, that sounds really cheesy and obvious, but almost every day I hear or read about a very sick child.  A very sick parent with young children.  Someone who was perfectly healthy but died or nearly died in a car accident.  I'm thankful for this day, for this right now, because there might not be another one. 

I'm thankful for the friends that I have who have been patient with me.  These last two years have been a whirlwind and I haven't been the friend I want to be.  But I know which ones I can still count on to be there in a heartbeat when I need them, because they've stuck around for years and years and never given up on me yet.  And I love them so much for that.  They know who they are, too.  With that, I'm so thankful for the newer friends, my mommy friends, that I can bond with over the joys and pains of raising little ones.  I'd be lost without having them to lean on. 

I'm so thankful that my husband and I have maintained good, steady jobs throughout all of this economic instability.  I'm thankful for my health insurance and the peace of mind I have, knowing if something catastrophic does happen - we'll be okay. 

I could go on for days like this, I swear.  Here's the materialistic side of me...

I'm thankful for:  my cell phone...fleece pajama pants...McDonald's sweet tea...Vince Vance and the Valiants...the occasional pedicure...amazon.com...my camera...my wedding rings...cheesy potatoes...vacations...etc etc etc! 

And FINALLY, I'm so thankful that Sarah at It's A Vol chose me for one of the recipients of the Kreativ Blogger award - wow, I feel honored.  I've never been on the receiving end of such a nice bloggy gift.  And you know what she said about me?  I'll tell you: 

8) Mommy in the Midwest because ~C~'s smile is infectious even over the internet, not to mention she is mommy to two of the cutest little boys I've seen!

How sweet is that, right?  Thanks Sarah!

I know I still need to update on some of the craziness that has been going on.  Within minutes of posting yesterday that Theo was bit by a dog and an impending surgery was looming (for Dexter), I had calls, texts, emails, and facebook chats.  I guess next time I need to wait to announce such things until I am ready to explain!  But to everyone who was concerned, thank you for checking in and thank you for reading.  Feeling especially THANKFUL for you all today. 

xoxo,
~C~


3 comments: