Friday, July 11, 2014

the fourth: 2014

Huh, how about that. I guess I've never posted a 4th of July recap. Well, last year we were on a little weekend getaway for our 10th wedding anniversary but it wasn't all festive with fireworks and that kind of crap.

So here's my first real Independence Day recap. It was nice that the 4th was on a Friday which lent itself to a lovely, long weekend.  Ryan's parents live on a small lake that is perfect for relaxing, jumping off the dock, floating around, and taking pontoon boat rides. They invited us We invited ourselves to come and stay for the weekend. Ryan's sister and her family were able to join us from Ohio as well.

Obligatory red, white, 'n blue outfit pics.

I mean, could they be any sillier? No. Cuter? Never.


Love them a lot.

They napped for HOURS every day.

Saturday was our 11 year anniversary so Nana and Pop Pop watched all three boys while Ryan and I enjoyed a rare double date with his sister and her soon-to-be husband.  Dinner at FARMbloomington.


Their FARMfamous garlic fries. Oh. Wow. And their homemade chipotle catsup. Yes.



Our view from the "silo" table.

Neat sights at every turn in this one-of-a-kind restaurant.

Yep, even by the bathrooms. 

Although it was a GORGEOUS night to walk around downtown Bloomington, which is lovely, we wanted to get back in time to enjoy the fireworks over the lake with the boys. Aunt 'Chelle treated the boys with glow swords and glow bracelets --they may have been a bigger hit than the show.


After messing with my camera settings for five minutes before the actual show started, I gave up and put the camera down. I couldn't figure it out and didn't want to spoil the moment.

Sunday mornin' cherry eating.  Theo likes the "yellow cherries." 


Dexter prefers red.

There is a HUGE component of our weekend missing.... the LAKE and the sunshine that we were so lucky to enjoy all weekend.  Seems like when we are all able to get together, we are cursed with cool temps or cloudy skies - or both. Not this time. Again, I chose to live in the moment and not take 500 pics. I had a drink in my hand and the sun on my skin and many long conversations with my sister-in-law. That was all I needed to make the weekend complete. 

A few iPhone pics: 

What'd you do for the Fourth? 

xo,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment