Saturday, May 10, 2014

parks, parks. we love parks.

I am always looking for something free or cheap to do outside with the boys. This time of year we can find lots of places to go. My favorite things about living where we do include proximity to Indianapolis (15-20 minute drive to the heart of downtown on a good traffic day), great local restaurants and other businesses, and of course, the abundance of parks nearby.

Friday afternoon when I picked up the boys, it was obvious that rain was coming.  We stopped at one of our favorite parks on the way home. It's special to me because it was built with all kinds of kids in mind.  It's wheelchair accessible, brand new, rarely busy, and just the right size. It has plenty for the boys to do but isn't so spread out that I lose sight of one of them if they go separate ways.  When it's hot out, there are fun water features. Additionally, because it's wheelchair accessible, the playground area has that rubbery flooring stuff which means it's never muddy.








Saturday morning we got up and went to a very small local farmer's market. There isn't much there yet. Lots of plants. I'm looking forward to going back when I can buy tomatoes (not tomato plants) and corn on the cob. My green thumb is non-existent. There were plenty of delicious baked goods to take home though. 

Afterwards, on the spur of the moment, I wanted to take the boys to a park in the town where I work, 20 minutes away. Such a neat, big, wooded park. It was a nice morning so I was surprised again that practically no one else was there. 

I'm having a lot of fun getting to know my new 50mm 1.8 lens. 




Scared of swinging but not scared of heights...I'm so confused.


  

Exploring.





Ever seen a kid this big in the baby swings? Me either. Except for this one.

Afterwards we went to one of my favorite local restaurants and ate outside.  Tired boys. It's been such a fun day and Mother's Day weekend so far. 



Hope you are enjoying the weekend,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment