Wednesday, January 4, 2012

resolutions and such

I've never been much on New Year's resolutions.  I think I vowed to keep the lose-weight/eat-healthy/exercise-more resolution more than once.  Then forgot all about it by the time Valentine candy came around. 

This year, I'm not making a resolution to do anything that makes me feel defeated from day one.  I have seen a few blogs with people starting Project 365.  This does overwhelm me a bit, but it's definitely possible and I think it will be good for me for a couple of reasons.  The point is to take a picture every day for a year and post it in a blog. I'll try to just do a 365 post once a week or every 2 weeks. 

I want to get better at taking pictures.  I want to experiment more with the different settings on my camera.  I want to get better at shooting in manual.  I don't want 2 weeks to go by without taking pictures of my kids ever again, but I also want to take pictures of things besides my kids.  I want to be able to look back at the posts and see what was going on in my world every single day for a whole year.

I think it will be kind of cool and fun, if not a little daunting.  Hope I can stick with it. Just by posting it here, I'm holding myself more accountalbe.

we shall see,
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment