Monday, May 14, 2012

Dexter's circus-themed 1st birthday party, Part One

Decorations!

I chose the theme for Dexter's party after receiving a flyer from Target and seeing the cute decorations and party favors.





I love the bright cheery colors and whimsical animals.  




I found some colorful yarn and circus-themed scrapbook cardstock and made this month-by-month photo banner (which turned out adorable if I do say so  myself). 





For our simple party favors, I went to a bazillion five or six stores and collected these small boxes of Barnums animal crackers.  Who knew they were in such short supply everywhere?  Then I used the same yarn and cardstock to make the triangular tags thanking the guests for attending the party. 





We also decorated with store-bought banners, balloons, paper lanterns, and honeycomb balls.

And the coolest decoration of all, the circus/clown-themed bounce house.  Hello?  Most fun ever. 

Next up, the FOOD.  :)  

xo, 
the Mother of a 1 year old and a 2 year old






3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete